Monday, January 18, 2010

April Girl

She's so sweet, this little girl of mine.
Full of sparks and light.
The quintessential middle child, always looking for the attention of those she loves,
and getting it through the sheer power of her will.
Beautiful and feminine
Graceful and light
Powerful and wild

(we were watching a show of the beautiful princess dancing for us when it was interrupted by a knight with his sword)

She reminds me of this poem I have always enjoyed (as I was born in April too):

Always Marry An April Girl
by Ogden Nash
Praise the spells and bless the charms,
I found April in my arms.
April golden, April cloudy,
Gracious, cruel, tender, rowdy;
April soft in flowered languor,
April cold with sudden anger,
Ever changing, ever true --
I love April, I love you.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie, did you write that first part?(not the Ogden Nash part) It's beautiful and certainly is Heather!
Love, Aunt Val

melanie said...

Yup I did :-) Isn't she a cutie pie. You should have seen her delightful show she put on for us.... and you could just FEEL her annoyance when the twin knights crashed the party.