Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

See other daybooks at Peggy's blog.

For Today, Monday February 23, 2009

Outside My Window...  Sunny, but cold.  A light dusting of snow over the bird feeder.  

I am thinking... so many things on my mind this past month.  

I am thankful for... all the clean laundry in my house!

From the learning room... The Periodic Table of the elements, Division, Robert Frost, consonant clusters, prepositional phrases...

From the kitchen... Gluten free popovers (yummy!)

I am wearing... cotton skirt and tshirt, with a little apron tied on over top. My hair is up in a bun and my bangs need trimming. My little toes are cold so I should probably put on some socks. I need some slippers.

I am creating... order in my day: up at 6:15 for prayers, laundry before breakfast, rosary after lunch, computer time after rosary, bedtime at 9:30.

I am going... to Ash Wednesday mass in 2 days. Lent is coming oh so quickly!! 

I am reading...  Surrender by Carmen Marcoux ( a great catholic fiction about courting instead of dating)

I am praying... for a few special prayer intentions.

I am hearing... kids playing quietly in the living room, the hum of all the electronic gadgets that make my life easier (?), and the heater kicking in because my toes are cold!

Around the house... laundry is done and folded, waiting to be put away, my valentine's flowers are still pretty on the table, and school is done for the day!

Some of my favorite things... chicken noodle soup (homemade), good chats with friends over a warm drink, naps.

A few plans for the rest of the week... deciding on our lenten sacrifices, ash weds mass, choir concert on the weekend for E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the gluten free popovers - I'd love to share this with a neighbor

Wee Pip said...

Your post sounded so peaceful and productive. I bet it didn't last long! LOL. You're doing an amazing job as mom & teacher.