Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

A blogging meme that's been going around for awhile now..  go see Peggy's blog for all of this weeks entries.

FOR TODAY, Monday September 22nd, 2008

Outside My Window... It's a lovely crisp fall afternoon.  Eleven degrees Celsius.  The trees are turning colors, but haven't fallen yet, and their cheery yellows and oranges cause me to catch my breath when I go by them.  I love this time of year.

This week... The first week of fall, and life is settling into a nice routine.  We are in week 4 of schooling, the babies are turning 2 on friday, Zs first day of the new boys club with his dad is this week as well.  

I am thinking... about Thanksgiving this year, and what sort of yummy Gluten Free feast we will make.  I need some beautiful decorations around here too!

I am thankful for... My new menu planning program online.  It plans out 5 gluten free meals a week including a grocery list.  

From the kitchen... Grilled Cheese from freshly baked bread and crisp macintosh apples.  For supper, buttermilk chicken with a green salad.

From the Learning room... Ancient Greek, map keys, verbs, the letter K, the Sanctus in Latin, The Land of Nod by Robert Louis Stevenson, atoms and elements, color names in french, water color washes, counting and writing numbers to 20, reading cat, rat, ran, dad.

I am wearing... sweatpants! horrors... I'm usually dressed up in a nice skirt.  I was woken up far too early this morning by some adventurous twins who were in a bit of a hurry to start the day.

I am creating... nothing!! In my mind, I am knitting beautiful baby blankets and dolls, 5 little pairs of mittens, and a pretty sweater for myself.  

I am reading... Mother Theresa's Come Be My Light.  It's beyond inspiring.  Her simplicity and humility speak quietly to my soul.

I am hoping... My friends and family are as joyful as I am.  

I am hearing... the blessed sound of quiet in my house.  E is reading a book, Z is cutting out a paper airplane, H and the twins are napping.  I love the early afternoon hours around here.  

Around the house... the greenhouse is pretty much finished in the back yard.. we just need to build some benches and beds for planting in the spring.

One of my favorite things...  the smell of the air in the autumn and the chill of the evening that causes you to search out your warm comfy blankets at night time.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... making a nice supper every night for my sweet husband, conquering the laundry foe, and making some sort of yummy dessert.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
On our vacation... the kids outside in the rain with their newly discovered 'cousin-in-laws-once-removed.

No comments: