Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


I am again amazed at how fast my year has passed by. Last thanksgiving, we were rejoicing that the babies were out of the hospital in time for us to celebrate all together with our whole family. The thought of eating a turkey dinner at home while the babies were alone in the hospital broke my heart (as did the thought of leaving my 3 other kids so I could be at the hospital with the babies). I am so thankful that that ordeal is over, and we are all healthy and together. Family is the biggest blessing of all, isn't it?
This year, we hosted a family dinner at our new house. It was fun, really. We've made more than a few turkeys over the past 7 years of marriage, and have begun to enjoy hosting these dinners. It must be the daily chaos of having five kids under 7 that made a turkey dinner seem like nothing!

Our Menu:
FreeRange Fresh Turkey (16 pounds)

Organic mashed potatoes

Organic steamed carrots
Organic steamed green beans

Cornbread-sausage stuffing with apples

Sesame twist rolls (homemade)

Parker House whole wheat rolls (homemade)

Organic Gingersnap cookies

Pumpkin pecan pie (homemade by sean's parents)

Rhubarb crumble pie (homemade by sean's parents)

It was so yummy!! We moved our big table into the family room, so we had lots of space, and ate by the warmth of the fireplace beside us. The table was decorated with three little mini pumpkins carved out with a tea light resting inside of each.

Most importantly, however, was the company. We enjoyed visiting with our family, watching the antics of the children, writing down what we are thankful for on our 'thanksgiving tree', and watching the birds out the window with the babies. I am always, without-fail, exhausted when everyone goes home, but fall asleep with a smile on my face, and a feeling of warmth in my heart.

Thank you God for all your blessings.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys celebrate Thanksgiving much earlier than we do! We're the end of Nov:) Your table decorations look so pretty. I can't believe your twins are a year old now. Your kids are all really adorable and I love checking in to see how you all are doing! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I finally read it! I have been using the short math drill idea & it is working well! My dd has gotten her mental math ability back and can now add 1s and 2s again - phew!! What an adventure homeschooling is! LOL.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

what neat candle holders.