Friday, May 11, 2007

toddler moments

... in the midst of packing and cleaning and selling the house, I was still trying to parent 5 small children. The most challenging of them all, being my sweet little toddler snapdragon. She's a such a delight to us, and definatley keeps us on our toes. She's also quite demanding and has learned to yell loudly to get attention. I guess being a big sister to twin babies will do that to you :-)

Anyways, on one particular occasion I was laying on the couch with a headache, very much sleep-deprived and stressed over the sale of the house. My darling husband had just returned home from work, and I was trying to hide out, away from my noisy children, and get some much-needed peace.

"I'm going to DIE, sweetie!" I wailed, in my dramatic way of complaining. "Good-bye! I will see you later.. I just can't take it anymore!"...

Expecting some sort of sympathetic look or hug, I turned instead, to see my toddler running full force at me, with her own wailing, "I come too! I COME TOO!!!".

aHHH!! I can't escape!
----------------------------------

The bunkbeds are back up. We had to do it to sell the house, because I didn't think that a king size bed crammed into a tiny kids room made the house look very appealing. I took a book out from the library on "Home Makeovers That Sell" and took most of his advice seriously. We did over the whole house, and it paid off. However, we still have the small problem of the toddler and the bunk bed. She's already climbed up to the top numerous times since it's been back up, and I just don't know WHAT to do with her, short of moving her bed into my room so I can keep a close eye on her. But that just doesn't seem very appealing to me. ( see first half of post).

Maybe we can try moving her into the kitchen? I could teach her how to clean the floor so she's occupied in the middle of the night.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of the middle of the night, last night she fell asleep in her brother's bed (the bottom bed on the bunk beds). She climbed in with him, and was obviously perched precariously on the edge, because shortly after midnight I awoke to a baby crying, quickly followed by a loud THUMP and then a wail. Daddy raced into see what was the matter with her (I was feeding the babies), and found her on the floor with blood pouring down her face. Lovely.
Finally, Snapdragon earned her very own trip to the emergency room. She must have been jeallous of all of her sibling's visits... right.

Anyways, daddy was in the ER with her all night, and came home at 7:30 am just in time to eat breakfast and drive off to work. Poor man! He works so hard.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you need a good one.