Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Watch out for this girl!!


If you've been following my blog for the last little while, you'll know some of the antics of my little toddler H. (She needs a blog name don't you think?? I've been thinking of using wildflower names, to be orignal, so let's call her Snapdragon. One of my favorite flowers).

Anyways, little Snapdragon is just about to turn 2 years old, and has managed to make her presence in the world very strongly felt in these short 700 odd days. She learned to crawl before she could sit... learned to climb stairs shortly after... and quickly followed suit with walking, running, and of course climbing. You'll remember this, and that, and many,
other exciting moments in our life since she joined our family.

She is the cause of our new bedroom switcheroo too. Remember when she was climbing onto the bunkbeds all the time?? The bunkbed without the ladder up? Well, I decided to put the ladder back up and teach her how to properly go up and down so she wouldn't kill herself trying to get off the bed. Well, shortly thereafter, Z comes into our room in the middle of the night (think something obscene like 4:30 am) and tells us that little Snapdragon had climbed into E's bed. Sure enough she was up there snuggled up to her big sister. Turkey!! This happened one more time, and then daddy decided the bunkbeds had to go. Unfortunately, there was no longer room in their bedroom for 3 beds, so the kids got the master bedroom, the twins got Snapdragons's old room, and mommy and daddy were left with the old kid room. Snuggly tight with our big king size bed, but if it's a bed, and i'm in it, I'm happy!

Anyways, this evening Sean and I were treated to a display of what's to come, I think. While E the big sister, had her back turned during bedtime snack, snapdragon quickly reached across grabbed her sister's bowl, and then sneakily put her own empty bowl in it's place. Another Switcheroo!! She's getting good at this. The scary thing is, E didn't even figure out what had happened. She just wondered why there was no food in her bowl anymore. I gotta keep my eye on that kid.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
Amazing how your life has changed. We'll have to compare twins notes. My are 8 now and then I have a 6.5yr and J. will be 3 in 2 weeks. Adrienne sent me your blog.

Melissa H (st.pius moms group)

melanie said...

Melissa!! I remember you... I forgot you had twins :-) I can't believe they are 8 already. Wow.
email me at catholicmommy@gmail.com if you'd like to chat :-)