Wednesday, February 14, 2007

mmmm.. Naps

Like all sleep deprived mothers, I look forward with such anticipation to the daily afternoon nap that my toddler takes. It is a much deserved break from the constant vigil I need to keep over her, for her own sake and the sake of the twins lives.

This afternoon, after reading her a story, she sweetly laid her head on her pillow, put her thumb in her mouth and I quietly walked out of her room, shutting the door. Phew! That was easy, I thought.

Little did I know what plans were brewing in that little head of hers (not even 2 years old yet, so forgive me for being ignorant of her capabilities). When I went up later to put one of the twins to bed, I walk by her room and notice her door is wide open. hmmm... where is H?? Not in her bed like I left her... hmmmm... where could she be?

Oh of course! She's in the bunk bed. On the TOP! Why didn't I think of that? This child never ceases to amaze me. Especially since there is no ladder to this bunk bed (we took it down months ago when she almost climbed to the top then).

So now how am I going to get her down without waking her up? Maybe I should just climb up there with her and have a nap myself :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Heather got into E's bed because she wants to be just like her big sister.

What a darling story. I love the way you write, Mel.

Love, Aunt Val