Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Catching up

Busy busy busy.. that's the theme of my life now.
I don't even really have time to blog anymore, because my days are filled with children, laundry, diapers and food.
Not necessarily a bad thing, but it's definately more work than I thought I was signing up for when I said "I do".
I wouldn't trade any of it for the world though (ok, maybe the housework but we can't afford a maid).

Two weeks ago I went on a silent retreat outside the city. This is the same retreat that I try to go on at least once a year, and always enjoy it. The silence, the food, the time for prayer... they bring me so much peace.
I've just never tried to do it with two babies in tow before.. turns out it was easier than I thought. 30 other ladies on the retreat all wanted to take turns holding the babies so I was treated to a relaxing, quiet weekend. The boys even slept really well for me.

Now this past week hasn't been as restfull. Unfortunately the stomach flu reared it's ugly head, and mommy spent the past week cleaning floors and toilets, washing even MORE laundry than normal, and getting up over and over in the middle of the night. Thank God for daddies!!


This week is shaping up to be a little better. The babies are blooming into these wonderful personalities and even starting to move around a bit. Last night I put them down in bed like this:
snuggled all up in their blankets, peaceful as can be. In the morning, I awoke to find them like this:
turned right around, unsnuggled out of their blankets, with big open eyes and smiles for mommy. What are they doing at night??


Last but not least, daddy spent lots of time on the weekend outside with the older kids playing in the snow and building snowmen. ARen't they so sweet?
On the homeschooling front, we finally did our BEE lapbook (pictures to follow), learned more of our addition math facts (+8s and the doubles 6+6, 7+7 etc...), and did list H1 in SWR. Oh! And E is learning to read really well now. I bought some Clifford phonics readers and she can read them really fast. THere is hope for us yet!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angel said...

I was just thinking of you today! Glad to hear that you are hanging in there in spite of laundry and tummy bugs. (Ick.) It takes a while longer for things to get easier with 2 than with 1, but it will eventually happen... or at least the challenges will change. Variety is the spice of life, right? ;-) Still praying for you..

Anonymous said...

these pictures are sooooo cute!
love, Aunt Val