Wednesday, March 29, 2006

dirt

We did a reading lesson this morning, learning the ending blends /tch/ and /nch/ as in Catch or lunch. E caught on right away but is still so painfully slow to read words. I know she's only in Kindergarten so I should chill out and wait a year or so before I start getting impatient!

The kids spent a good part of the day today and yesterday playing outside digging up dirt in my garden. They had so much fun for the first 5 min before I discovered them, that I decided to just let them play... how much fun is it for kids to play in dirt? They were busy building a castle with rocks and sticks and of course, dirt.

I was amazed that with the addition of just a little bit (ok, a lot) of dirt to their outside experience, they more than tripled the time before they came ringing the doorbell, whining about being too cold, or hungry. I think a hole in my garden, and a little bit of dirt on my floor is worth the extra 2 hours of peace I got!

Oh, and this afternoon while I was napping, my sweet little E was busy downstairs cleaning up (emptying the cutlery from the dishwasher, cleaning off the table, sweeping the floor and putting away toys). Was I ever surprised to see a clean house when I came down!! She even volunteered to vacuum for me, and she did a pretty good job! That was worth an A+ in Home Ec. for the day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great girl you have to help you out. Give her a big hug for me and while you are at it give one to Z and H toi