Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pirate Princess


What a lucky girl!! How many five year old girls have songs written about them?








A song for Elizabeth on her fifth birthday by jenny, her mommy's cousin:
(copyright 2005)

Elizabeth walked quietly down the hall to the prow
Drew her sword, wiped her brow
Looked fierce, and with a frown
Stood on her tiptoes,
Cleared her throat, and then she said out loud:

"I'M A PIRATE PRINCESS!
THE CREW ANSWERS TO ME!
I SAIL THE OCEANS,
RULE THE SEAS...
and I love my mommy".

Elizabeth climbed the crow's nest, and when she reached the top
She made the cannons stop
Made the Pirate flag drop
And in it's place she raised a flag that said
"I love My Pop".

"I'M A PIRATE PRINCESS!
MEANEST IN THE LAND!
ALL WHO FEAR ME,
NOW WILL HEAR ME:
I love Mom and Dad."

Elizabeth slid down a rope and landed on the deck
Her parrot kissed her neck
She kissed her parrot back
The crew all bowed their fierce heads down and sang:
"She loves Heather and Zach".

"SHE'S A PIRATE PRINCESS,
FEROCIOUS AND SCARY.
SHE'S SMART AND BOLD
AND FINDS THE GOLD...
and she loves her family."

"I'M A PIRATE PRINCESS
NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY:
I LOVE MY FAM'LY, BUT BEST OF ALL:
I know that they Love ME!!!"

No comments: